Sunday, July 30, 2006

The sinking sun hiding behind the Grótta lighthouse

I go to Grótta about once a month to experience the calmness of nature and watch the ever-changing cloudsacapes and the bird-life. The island is only accessible when the tide is out. Currently there is an art exhibition there, but I haven't visited it yet becase the last two times I was there the tide was in.

This is one of the most photographed sights in the Reykjavík area. I have rarely been there around sunset without there being at least one photographer there. Last night there were three beside myself.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I am thinking about making photographs of the lighthouse an occasional feature of this blog because it makes a lovely foreground detail for the variations in light and colour of clouds and sunsets.

1 comment:

Betty Jo said...

Hi I came through your link at the Corner. I adore this photo and you have some other wonderful ones on your blog. My blog isn't really a photography blog; yet! It will be as soon as I can turn it into one. I do share some photos there though. I'm going to link to your blog if you don't mind so I can come by from time to time to see more of your gorgeous work. My blog is here:
http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=21347618