Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The people of Reykjavík on a hot day

It's been wonderfully warm outside in Reykjavík today, almost too hot in the areas where the breeze couldn't cool you down. My boss gave us the day off as soon as the office closed to the public at three, and I enjoyed the afternoon walking around downtown Reykjavík and snapping photos. Here are some of them, in thumbnail form. Just click to see the big versions.

Austurvöllur was thronged with people enjoying the sun:

These two were a bit overdressed for the weather:
  
A family outing:
  
I don't know what this guy was doing, but it looked like he was having fun:
  

And these boys were playing in the water feature by city hall:

  

  


In addition, I met a guy who was wearing a black leather suit. I can only imagine he must have been out to sweat away some weight.

No comments: