Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mysore: Kids on a school trip

Across the street from the palace I noticed these kids, all dressed in school uniforms. They were probably on a school trip. I saw a lot of kids on school trips everywhere I visited some important place from Indian history, and while they are delightful in small doses, I would pray and hope there wasn't a school group where I was going on any given day, because the classes seem to be huge and they were often more interested in having their picture taken with a foreigner than looking at the exhibits. They were always polite about it, but after a while I began to grow tired of hearing the same questions over and over again. I estimate I ended up in at least two dozen digital photo albums before I developed a strategy to avoid school groups.

No comments: